Thursday, September 6, 2012

August 27, 2012

Hey Family and Friends!! So like I mentioned before I got transferred at the last minute...I really didn't even know I was getting transfered until I went to report our numbers for the week and it had a different area and companion on it. I sure am going to miss Chestermere and all the wonderful people there, but I am really excited for my new area and new companion!! My new companion is Sister Batty. She is from Vernal, Utah!! I finally have a companion from Utah!! After 1 year it is about time!! But she is seriously AMAZING!! She came out with Sister Brower and was trained by my favorite Sister Newby! So she is a stellar missionary!! We have so much going on in our area and I can't wait to tell you all about it!! So Tuesday was p-day and we spent the entire day saying goodbye to some of my most favorite people! Lots of members gave me stuff which meant I had to find room in my suitcases. But I love all the people there!! The only bummer thing was that I didn't get to say goodbye to Kenzie and her family because they were out of town...but somehow I will find a way to talk to them! Then we/I had a really late night full of packing everything I have accumulated into just a few suitcases!!! It keeps getting harder and harder! But we can make it work. Wednesday was transfers!! I think all of the sisters were excited for transfers...all but 6 companionships in our entire mission changed. So it was a very big transfer. I am now serving in the 4th and Richmond wards in the Calgary stake. It is in the south west quadrant of the city...it is beautiful out here! I can finally see the Rocky Mountains and it is more like home. So I thought our area in Chestermere was big...well it doesn't even compare to how big my new area is! And it is a very affluent area. One of the richest neighborhoods in Canada is in our area...so there are lots of big, beautiful houses...but they are very intimidating to knock on...so to answer your question mom...I think I am pretty safe! Well for most of the day we spent time getting me all setteled in and unpacked and did some shopping. Then we had a full afternoon and evening of lessons. So first we met with Elise. She is LA and is technically YSA, but doesn't want to go to the YSA ward. So we get to meet with her. Then we had supper with a sweet single sister from Brasil. Her name is Lucy and she is just adorable. And then we had a lesson with Christy. She is a recent convert and is less accoutable. But she is really sweet. We have to teach really simply...which can sometimes prove to be difficult. Thursday was weekly planning. It took some time with me just arriving to the area...we had to pray over ward lists and make lots of plans for the coming weeks!! It is going to be so much fun! There is a lot of potential in this area!! Then we had to make a little trip to the mission office because they needed a baptismal record that we had. So that took a little bit of time...but we got to visit with some of the missionaries there. I love the Senior Couple missionaries in our mission!! Senior missionaries are the best and they are like your grandparents away from home!! I just love them! Then we did a few stop-bys so I could meet some of the members. Then we had supper with the Goodman family. They are really nice...everyone is really nice in Canada...and then we had a lesson with the Ford's. So Lorenzo and Daniel Ford are our investigators...they are totally ready to be baptized...we just need to work out some of the logistics...and then their Mom is/was LA but is coming back...she has quite a few health issues...but is so great!! They are a great family! They are one of those families that I know I was destined to meet! So I got to meet them and that was great! Then Friday we started off doing service. It is nice to have some service opportunites here in this area...So every couple of weeks we clean a lady's gigantic house...I don't really think it is dirty...but she is not a member of the church, but has siblings that are. She is East Indian and we think she is having us do this for her in hopes that it will soften the hearts of her family members, so that maybe one day she will be able to joint the church! Then we had a lesson with sister Jiang...she is also LA and is originally from China. She is great, but her husband is really anti towards the church. Then we spent a little bit of time getting our planners all organized. That evening we had supper with Sister Niznik. She just recently moved into the ward as well from Regina,Sasketchwan...and then to end our evening we had a lesson with Sister Baptiste...she is also LA. She is native and her children are in foster care, but she should be getting them back very soon. We had a really good lesson with her about the role of the Holy Ghost. Saturday was a GREAT day!! Guess what!! Laurie got baptized! Do you remember her?? She is the sister-in-law of the Fremstads in Chestermere...so I got to see them there too!! I was so happy that I was given permission to go! It was such a special day! And I was lucky to be apart of it!! So then we had a lesson/service with Carmen. Carmen is an AMAZING lady. 33 yrs ago she was in an accident that left her a quadrapeligic...and she had written a book of her story and conversion to the church. Before the accident she was a very good painter, but after, doctors told her that she would never paint again and that she shouldn't even try because she is missing a big chunck of her brain. But she didn't let that stop her. She can paint and she is seriously incredible. So a few times a week we read her book to her and we basically editing it for her. She is great!! And then we had a quick lesson with Sister Ford. Sunday was a great day. Since we had 2 wards we get to go to lots of church. I love it!! We did make it to one ward council as well. Then after chruch Christy was really upset because one of her cats was missing...so for a few minutes we helped her look for it...we didn't have any luck...We had a dinner appt with the Loewer family and then a lesson with the Ford boys where we watched the Testaments!! I hope school is going great for everyone!! The kids in Canada still have one more week of summer!! Well I sure do love and miss you all!! Have a great week!!! Love, Sister Kaitlyn Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment