Friday, June 8, 2012

May 14, 2012

Hey Family and Friends!! How are ya all?? I am great! And being a missionary is so great!! I didn't have a very eventful week but I will still tell you all about it! Well Monday was p-day...like usual, we just did the normal stuff but we did meet as a zone and went to lunch at Tony Roma's! It was fun and the lesson I have learned there is that Elders can seriously eat so much...sometimes it is disgusting how much food they eat! Anyways then we all went to the church to enjoy a nice relaxing few hours at the church. That evening we had a lesson with Kenzie! Love them!! We taught her about tithing and fasting and so now she is all taught and ready to be baptized, but we are just waiting for her dad to come home! Tuesday we had our DDM and then went out to lunch as a district. That afternoon wasn't very exciting either. We just did a bunch of tracting and stop-bys. We were blessed with a couple lessons that afternoon with some LA members. That evening we had supper with the Williams/Ross family. Bro. Williams made us some really good burgers...there is nothing like a burger fresh off the grill...that is one reason I love summertime so much!! I bet you will never guess what we did on Wednesday...well maybe you will....tracting and stop-bys! We did find someone that was really prepared...his name is Ramon....but he speaks Spanish so we passed him off to the Spanish Elders. But its okay because we all play for the same team! As long as he gets salvation it doesn't matter who teaches him! That afternoon we had a lesson with Sister Sonnenberg and helped her out a little bit. Then that evening we had supper with the Sullivans. They live in Chestermere and there is a lake in Chestermere...it is really pretty...their house backs right onto the lake so they have their own personal dock and everything! It is really pretty! How nice would it be to just be able to go boating whenever you want? It would be sweet! Anyways then that evening we had a lesson with Sister Chase and we read from the Book of Mormon with her! We are still working on getting her back to church! Thursday was weekly planning and it was the same as always...pretty uneventful. But we had a lesson with Cristina and Achai...they are great...and we just taught them about missionary work and a few of the commandments. They are still really solid! That evening we had dinner with the Hartley's. They just moved into the ward and they are really nice! After that we went to the RS activity. It was a Mother/Daughter activity and it was lots of fun! We did all the activities with Kenzie and Adison and their mom! We did a little exercise activity thing...everyone was shocked that I was even doing it in a dress...and then we learned about hair and makeup. We sure did have fun! On Friday we did lots of tracting! We really need to find new investigators!! You would think we would have lots of people to teach with all the tracting we do...not the case...yet! We will find more people to teach soon!! But as we were out tracting we had an interesting experience...we ran into some JW's...we were knocking on doors and they were totally waiting for us...all they wanted to do was bash with us and try to confound us...it was really frustrating. We ended up talking to them for about an hour and it was not fun. But they were totally contradicting themselves! Finally I was just sick of them so I bore my testimony to them and told them to have a nice day and we walked away...they did actually try to set up an appt with us...that was kind of funny. They are crazy though!! That night we taught Byron. He is still doing great and keeping his commitments...but he dropped his date because we told him they have to be married before he can get baptized and he said that wouldn't happen before June 2....that was kind of sad, but we are praying hard for them...because we know that he is so prepared to be baptized! Saturday was a really nice day too! We got to go the the Stake Relief Society Conference. It was fun and really uplifting. They just had a bunch of classes to go to and it was nice. We went to one about the blessings of the temple and the man that taught it was the man in charge of the Calgary temple!! It was exciting and he told us all about the progress of the temple! It is coming along! I can't wait for it to be completed!! It will be so exciting! That evening we had dinner with the Brown's, they have an adorable little boy. And then we just did some stop-bys! It was great! Sunday was Mother's Day!! One of the BEST days of my mission...because I got to talk to you! It was seriously so great to hear all of your voices!! You are all the best! We also had a nice day at church. Then that evening we had a few lessons out in Langdon. It was a great day! I love you all so much!! I hope all you Mother's had a great Mother's Day! For my mom I read the Book of Mormon. I highlighted all the references to Christ, His attributes, His words, and His doctrines all in a different color!! I finished it yesterday!! I know that the Book of Mormon in the word of God! It is true! I know that it is another testament of Jesus Christ! Read from its pages daily! If you don't have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, read it! I promise you will come to know that it is true!! I love being a missionary! It is seriously one of the best decisions I have made!! I hope you all have a great week! I love and miss you all!! Love, Sister Kaitlyn Marchant!1- me with the adorable missionary peeps you sent 2- me with my birthday presents 3- a Happy Mothers day picture for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment