Monday, July 23, 2012

July 16, 2012

Hey family and friends!! I hope you all had a fantastic week! Even though not much happened this week, it was still so great...mostly because it was like a breath of fresh air!! Tuesday last week was our p-day and it was just as exciting as all the rest....well accept that Sister Garner got transferred so she had to get all packed up and ready to go. When we got to the church it was just as boring as ever and the Elders were playing Risk...I hated that game when Braydon tried to get me to play with him, and nothing has changed since...I still hated it. I don't know how I got roped into playing...eventually I just killed myself off so that was exciting. Then that evening we went to say goodbye to some of the people we love most. Of course Kenzie was on that list. When we got there, they were playing Bocce ball, so we joined in on the fun. I haven't played that game since the MTC, so that brought back some memories. Wednesday was transfer day!! Hooray! I was ready for a change...I think I got the best companion ever! Transfers was great because we got to see a lot of the sisters and talk to them for a little bit. But then we went back to work. So Sister Stockwell is my new companion and she is seriously great! It was like we were already best friends. This was exactly the change that I needed. So she is from Las Vegas, NV and has 3 brothers and a sister. She is the 'oldest' (been in the mission field the longest) sister in the mission, and the next oldest sisters are my transfer of sisters. When we got home, she got all settled in and then we went shopping. After that we did a little bit of work and went to see our usual LA's that we visit on Wed's, but none of them were home. Oh well...That evening we had supper with the Scott family. They are a family that has recently moved into the ward and they were fun. Then I had to introduce Sister Stockwell to some of the important people...AKA Kenzie and her family. So we had a nice little visit with them. Thursday I was thinking of Sager all day! I hope you had a GREAT birthday buddy!! Next year we will celebrate extra hard! We didn't have a super exciting day. We had weekly planning and we got a lot done. It is nice to have a fresh face in the area so we basically started from square 1. Then we had a lesson with Cristina and Achai. They are great. We taught them from 1 Nephi 17 when Nephi builds the boat and about following the commandments. They absorb everything we teach them and they are just great! When we were on our way to the next place we saw Kaleigh (the lady we taught last week) out smoking. So we went to talk to her and see if she had read the Book of Mormon and such. Unfortunetly she hadn't and she told us that she had talked to her husband and that he had basically talked her out of learning more. That was really sad, because she really needs the gospel! That evening we had supper with the Layton family and they are great and so fun. Then I took Sister Stockwell to meet Bishop Heaven and that was great as well. We talked a lot about some of the ward members that we have been working with and he asked us about a few more that he would like us to try and see. Friday we spent a lot of time finishing our weekly planning and making some plans and goals of thing we want to accomplish this transfer. Then we headed to the church to get our planners all ready for the transfer and make a bunch of copies of thing. We also stopped by to wish Kenzie a happy birthday. I swear this week was the week of Birthday's! but that is okay because birthday's are good! Then that evening we had supper with Bro. Williams and Rachel. Like I said they take care of us when we don't have a dinner appt. Saturday was a day of service! But it was a whole bunch of fun and I laughed so much! We were out at the Trim's house and we did a whole bunch of yard work. Mostly weeding a bunch of flower beds. But we were out there for most of the day so they fed us lunch and dinner. Whenever we were taking a short break they taught us how to play a fun little game. But the best part was just laughing with Sister Stockwell and Brother and Sister Trim. They are funny people and they can make you laugh super easy! Sunday was a good day. We had church...we didn't have any investigators there because we basically have zero because they have all fallen off the face of the earth. That evening we had supper with the Low's and they were open to having missionary experiences and inviting people to the temple open house which will be good! Then we just did some stop bys and we met a man that was drunk out of his mind. So drunk that he invited us in to have a beer with him and his friends. But that was basically all. I have to say that God really does answer prayers!! I know this because He sent me Sister Stockwell! I love her and she is going to be a lifelong friend! I love being a missionary! It is so great! I am glad you are having a good summer! It sounds like you are having fun! I love and miss you all a whole bunch!! Have a great week!! Love, Sister Kaitlyn Marchant Here are a few pictures... 1- Me, Kenzie, and Sister Garner celebrating their birthdays 2- Me and my new comp Sister Stockwell

No comments:

Post a Comment