Wednesday, July 11, 2012

June 11, 2012

Hey Family and Friends! Oh my goodness we had a pretty interesting week! Hope you all had a good one! Well Monday was of course p-day and it wasn't very eventful...but our zone this transfer doesn't like to do anything...so we were just at the church and each companionship of Elders was in a different room playing the piano...and the rule is there has to be more Elders than Sisters in a room...so we could't hang out with any of them...it was pretty lame. We were just off by ourselves so it was kind of boring. But eventually Elder Colton (ZL) roped some people into doing Insanity with him...Sister Garner and I included...and it was killer. It is a crazy workout that seriously INSANE people do. But whatever at least we did something. That night we had supper with the Isbister family and they are really nice and have cute kids. Funny story about this day though...so we were filling our car up with gas and we went in to pay and it was a different cashier than it usually was and I was paying and he looked at Sister Garner and then at me and asked "Is that your daughter?" I couldn't do anything but laugh...it was seriously hilarious! Tuesday was our gongshow DDM's. It was interesting because we have a really big district because both sets of Elders are on 3-legs because they are both training Visa waiters...That afternoon we just did some tracting and set up a couple of appts for later in the week. We had supper with the Heaven's and they are really cute. They have a daughter that is in grade 1 and she made us a cute little balloon animal for us. And her mom told us that last time we went over for supper she said the new missionary came over for dinner and she brought her sister. I thought it was really cute! We also had crazy weather here in Canada this week and on Tues 3 tornadoes touched down in Taber...I have absolutely no idea where that is in relation to me...all I know is that we had a bunch of storms all week. On Wednesday it was pouring rain while we were out tracting....not the funnest. But we did have some lessons with Sister Sonnenberg and then Sister Chase. Then Sister Wingrove cut our hairs!! I just got mine trimmed and a few more layers...but Sister Garner got a complete change...she doesn't like it yet, but she hasn't really tried to do it. I think it is cute. And we ended our night with a few more appts. One was supper with the Acido's...yummy philippino food...and then a lesson with the Oduneye's who promised us they would come to church this Sunday! Thursday was weekly planning and it went well. I just wish we had some investigators that would actually progress! We also had a really busy day that day...we first taught Cristina and Achai. I love them! They are just so solid and ask really sincere questions! That evening we had dinner with the Lonsdale family and that was great as always! After that we headed to a lesson with Sister Parker. She is a LA sister that moved into the ward a few weeks ago and we have been trying to meet with her forever because none of her kids are baptized and she wants them to get baptized! So we were excited and hopeful to pick up some new investigators but her kids weren't there so we just taught her. But she set up another appt for this week...so maybe this week! Then we had a lesson with Byron and Corrina. It was our first lesson with them since we taught the Law of Chastity and asked them to set a wedding date...we were also hopeful that they would have good news for us...Unfortunetly they didn't...but they have started to look at wedding venues...it is expensive to not get married in the temple!! Crazy how the most wonderful marriage in the world is free eh?? Then we were able to teach Kenzie and her family. She was possibly going to get baptized this week, but things didn't work out so she has a date now for July 7, after her parents get back from Utah! Friday we had a really long day with not the best weather...but it wasn't as bad as it was supposed to be so I am really grateful for that! We basically just tracted all day and then we were able to teach Josephina. We taught her about the Book of Mormon and the importance of coming to church! But she has kind of regressed...she wasn't as open to the things we were teaching her this week. She needs to actually keep commitments and read the Book of Mormon so she can know it is true. I honestly just don't think she is willing to change just yet. That night we had supper with Betty...a single sister...she is a real talker, but she is so nice. We also got exciting news! They have announced the dates for the Calgary Temple open house and dedication!! The open house is from Sept 29-Oct 20! 3 weeks!! And then the dedication is Oct 28! I seriously can't wait!! It is going to be so great! Saturday was a lot like Friday. We did end up at Sister Sonnenberg's again...she said she had some flowers she wanted us to plant. So we went...she forgot to mention that the flower bed was overtaken by weeds and needed to be weeded first...Mom I think I have done more weeding on my mission that I have in my entire life...I promise I am not missing out on the garden weeding...but you see I don't get any benefit from the gardens I have weeded. So 4 hours later she said that was good and then cooked us supper. Funnyish story though...I HATE WORMS!!! They freak me out! Sister Garner and Sister Sonnenberg were very amused by how afraid of them I was...it probably was pretty comical. But don't judge me...so I have an irrational fear of worms...they just really gross me out! Sunday was a pretty busy day too...It was also B-Rad's birthday! I hope you had a great day! We had meetings we had to go to before church and they were exciting as always. Then we had church. Of course none of our investigators or the people that told us they would come to church came...but that is normal...Right before Sacrament meeting was going to start the bishop came to me and asked if I would be the "youth speaker" and bear my testimony. So that was a good opportunity. Then we just had normal church. Then after church we had ward choir...they are just starting so we went to the practice. After church we were busy with appts. We visited with the Browns who have the adorable little boy. Then the McDonalds....a LA/PM family...it was a little bit awkward. But then we had supper with the Low family. And then it was also Bro Williams birthday so they invited us over for cake and ice cream. So I even ate some cake for B-Rad's birthday all the way in Canada! Well that was our week...we have lots of stuff this week that I am excited for! I will tell you all about it next week of course! I know that Christ lives! He really does love us and is always there for us! I am grateful for His atonement and for the power that can have in our lives!! Sounds like you had a great week! Hope you have another good one! Happy Fathers day on Sunday! That is so great that you had a good stake conference with Elder Scott! I love and miss you all!! Love, Sister Kaitlyn Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment