Wednesday, July 11, 2012

June 25, 2012

Hey Everybody!! My week was less than exciting...but really it was. Everyone here is getting ready for summer and vacations that they don't have 'time' for the message we have....but it was still a good week and I will tell you all about it! Monday was p-day and not gonna lie, it was pretty lame....I don't know if I told you, but all the Elders go in different rooms and play the piano, and we can't be in those rooms with them so we are basically just left to be with ourselves. So this week Sister Garner and I decided to play Monopoly...we borrowed it from Kenzie...it was Canada Monoploly though so that was kinda fun. That night we had supper with the Williams family...which went as it normally does. Tuesday was DDM's...just imagine how that went....and after that we went and spent the afternoon helping out Brother and Sister Leighton. They are moving and needed some help packing up their house because things happened so fast so we were able to help them and then that evening we had supper with them. After we did all we could to help them, we had a lesson with the Leavens family as well. We finally were able to get a few of the kids to listen to the lesson which was extra good. Wednesday...ALL of our appts for the day canceled...except Sister Chase. She is really sweet, but she needs to stop going out of town on the weekends so that she can come to church! Maybe this week!! But anyways since all of our lessons canceled you can guess what we did....yep...tracting.....my favorite.....With all the tracting we do, you would think we have lots of people to teach....not the case. Maybe one day...I know there are lots of people that are prepared, but where are they all? Luckily that evening we had a lesson with Kenzie. We planned her baptism so that it could be done before her parents leave for Utah. It went well and she is getting excited I think! Thursday we had weekly planning and it was just as exciting as always....that afternoon we had a lesson with Cristina and Achai. That family is great! We wanted to do something that would get them more engaged in the lesson so we made a little game....when I was little I loved the game 'Don't eat Pete'...so i figured they would have to like it too...so we made our own version....I drew little pictures of different commandments for our game board and we called it 'Stay on the Path'. They had so much fun playing it....and of course eating the treats! That night we had supper with the Fremstads and they are great as always. We were supposed to have a lesson with Byron again....we even had our ward missionaries (Shanita and Scott) with us....and guess what they weren't home!! That night we also called Josephina, but found out that her father passed away so she had gone to the Philippines and won't be back until July 18...I am pretty convinced that things are not working out because I have been praying for Christlike attributes and Heavenly Father is really testing me....but hopefully the blessings are on their way soon!! Friday we did more tracting. And then we went to the Trim's to do some service. I bet you will never guess what we did....weeded their flower beds....it was nice, but I got eaten alive by mosquitos...so that wasn't super fun. That evening was wonderful though! We had dinner with the Garlough's!! She is so wonderful and she asked us what we wanted for dinner....well she ended up calling my mom for one of my favorite recipes and made it for me! So we had sweet and sour meatballs! It was so yummy and I savored every bite! Oh and mom...she gave me a hug from you too!! You are the best!! Saturday was a very rainy day and it was full of tracting for us. I am glad it was nice there for the wedding and that everything turned out! It wasn't a very exciting day for us. We had supper with the Gall's and it was a little bit awkward...it was a big huge birthday party for their son, so all of their family was there and most of them were speaking Tagolog...because they are all from the Philippines....so needless to say it was a little wierd. After that we stopped by to make daily contact with Kenzie and read from the Book of Mormon with her. Shanita and Scott are babysitting them while their parents are in Utah....so they will have fun. Sunday we just had church and it was good as usual. At church Amanda invited us over to her house for lunch. Amanda is not a member...but she should be. She is 17 and her parents won't let her be baptized...but the second she turns 18 you can count on her getting baptized. She is great and I told her that I have 3 brothers that she could choose from...she is great! So she convinced her mom to let us come over. Her mom is really nice and I am really surprised she won't let her get baptized...maybe her heart will soften! That night we had supper with Bro. Williams and Rachel. They take really good care of us and feed us whenever we don't have a dinner! They are great!! Well that was my week!! It was kind of boring. But I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love and miss you all!! Love, Sister Kaitlyn Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment