Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012

Hey Family and Friends!! Oh my goodness! Time is flying with Sister Stockwell. I can't believe another week is already gone. Well we didn't have an extremely eventful week, but it was still good! So get ready for all the fun details... So Monday was just a normal p-day. It was just like all the others...hanging out at the church with all the really 'special' Elders. They sure are interesting and have lots of growing up to do. Then that evening we had supper with Sister Leavens and her boys. It was fun as always. For dessert we got to try on all her amazing heels!! It actually made me feel like a girl again. I can't wait to be able to wear heels again! She has some pretty great ones! I especially loved the 6 in ones. They made me feel extra tall! Anyways it was lots of fun. Then we did a bit of missionary work. Then on Tuesday we had a Zone Training meeting. It was a training from our Zone Leaders and they told us the things that they learn in their meeting with the Mission President. It was kind of a gongshow...as it always is when you are with the Elders...But they told us all about some of the new rules that President Nicholas has made...and I love all of them...first we can now listen to music whenever it doesn't interfere with study, proselyting, and planning, and we can also listen to anything that brings the Spirit!! It is wonderful. He also told us we could take 20 min naps on our lunch breaks, and that the 7DC is no longer!!! I was a bit excited. So it is fun. Then that afternoon we just did some tracting and stop-bys before we had supper with the Fremstad's. They are great as always. One benefit of staying in an area for 6 months is that you really know the people and come to love them all! And that is what has happened to me! The ZL's also gave us mail which is always exciting. So I got all your lovely notes from the family reunion and I also found out that Sister Hutchinson (my MTC comp) went home. I don't know why, but it made me sad for her. Wednesday we jsut did a bunch of tracting which was less than excitng, but Sister Stockwell makes everything more enjoyable so we still had fun. Here is a semi funny story. We were visiting a LA, and there was a bunch of bees so we were leaving and then one landed right on Sister Stockwell's nose...we think that is thought her nose was the hive, and it stung her. It was the first time in her entire life that she had been stung by a bee. Crazy eh? But she is ok. I swear all the bugs love her! She has at least 2 new bug bites everyday. Anyways we did have a few lessons that day which was good. We met with Sister Brown and were teaching her the Doctrine of Christ, and when we were done she told us of a friend she wants to invite to learn about the gospel...so that is exciting. We also met with Sister Chase and taught her about Enos and being completely converted to the gospel. That evening we went to a baptism to do the 10 min 1st. For Thursday, I have to give Jenessa a birthday shoutout!! I hope you had a great day!! That morning we went to Sister Chase's house to do some service and clean out her shed. When she told us, we thought it was going to be years worth of clutter to clean up, but really all we did was sort nails and screws, and organize some painting things. But she appreciated the help so it was all worth it. That afternoon we had a lesson with Cristing and Achai about the importance of the Book of Mormon and having a testimony of it. Here is another neat story. We were getting in our car by her house, when a little girl on her bike came up to us and asked, " Are you the girls that go door to door and teach kids about God?" So we talked to her a little bit and found out where she lived so we can go back and teach them. We were in a hurry because we had to get to Interviews and Training. It was a really good training. It was all about finding which we are trying to do because we have basically no investigators...so we really need to find some. And then I also got to meet with President Nicholas. He is called of God and I love him and his wife. That evening we had supper with Don and Ryandel (Kenzie's parents) and we celebrated Don getting a new job so that he will be home more often!! It is so great! Friday we had to do our weekly planning and took a bunch of time, but we were able to do some missionary work and meet with a few members. But it wasn't a very excitng day... Saturday we were just doing a bunch of tracting and stop-bys which turned into a few lessons. We were happy about that. We met with some members and also a few LA's. Then that evening we had supper with the Williams. They are still doing well. I swear Rachel is going to pop any day. I am excited to see her tiny baby, even though I can't hold it. Sunday was just normal...we didn't have any investigators at church or any of the LA's that told us they would be there. We did have a few lessons that afternoon with Sister Sonnenberg and then supper with the Hartley's. Other than that we just did some stop-bys. Sounds like you all had an eventful week...Mom I am so jealous you got to see WICKED!!! I hope you loved it! And I think it is hilarious that now Dad and Sage are both Harry Potter wannabes with their scars...that is pretty funny! But Sage is pretty brave! I would have been freaking out with all that blood! I love being a missionary and bringing salvation to our Heavenly Father's children!! It is such a wonderful blessing! I hope you all have a great week!! I love and miss you all so much!! Have a great week!!! Love, Sister Kaitlyn Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment