Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 2, 2012

Hey Family and Friends!! I sure hope you all had a great week especially that you enjoyed every second of General Conference just like I did!! How is the weather down in good old Utah? It has actually been pretty nice up here...but I hear there are some storms coming this week...not fun. Oh well we just deal with it! Well I didn't have a very excitng or eventful week, but I will tell you about the important things. On Monday it was p-day...we didn't do anything exciting...just the same old stuff...but I did play Settlers of Catan with the Elders...it was such a good game that we didn't get to finish it before p-day was over...but don't worry we have already planned a rematch for today! Tuesday we had an appt in the morning and it was a little rushed because we had to get our car all clean for car inspections...of course it snowed the night before so the roads were all yucky, but we still had to get a car wash...it was a little bit ridiculous...We also had Specialized Training. It was so good and it was all about the Book of Mormon! President Archibald even told us the story that was shared in Conference about if you took "And it came to pass" out of the Book of Mormon etc. It was so good! I love the Book of Mormon especially all the things I am learning right now as I am reading it! At the training we of course had the 10 min role plays...and of course Sister Garner and I got chosen to teach the 10 min 2nd lesson. We were prepared though and had already been practicing so it went well!! That evening we had a lesson and did a few stop-bys. Wednesday was DDMs and stuff...it was a gongshow as usual...but lets be honest most of the Elders in our district are still 19 year old boys...they will eventually grow up... Thursday was Weekly planning of course...it was broken up and spread accross our day beween a few appts. First we had one with a LA member that wants to start coming back to church...and then we had a lesson with Christina. We watched the Joseph Smith movie with her and her kids. She has such a strong testimony of the prophet!! When we were leaving and asking her what we could do for her she said "Baptize Achai"...her daughter...of course this is what we have been wanting to do!! So we will start teaching her this week and she will be baptized soon!!! We were supposed to have a lesson with Kenzie, but she wasn't home and we haven't been able to get in contact with that family since!!! Friday we had 2 potential investigator lessons set up with people we tracted into last week...the first either was not home, or he was ignoring us...but we will go back. The other was with Josephina. She is from the Philippines and is a devout Catholic. But she loved talking with us and when we told her about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon she said she knew it was true...she didn't accept baptism, but said she would if she was ready...we have another appt scheduled with her on my birthday...not for a long time, but she wouldn't do anything during Holy Week...But she is still considered a new investigator which is so great!! That night we did some stop-bys which resulted in a dinner appt and a member lesson which was sweet!! Saturday was the beginning to one of the Best weekends of the year!!! GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! Did you all love it?? I so did!! I had so many favorite talks from the 2 days...but a few were basically all of the talks from Saturday Morning session...Elder Holland, Elder Andersen, and others...I don't have my notes with me to tell you all the ones I loved...But between conferences we had a lesson with a LA family and a correlation meeting with our WML. That night we just had a couple appts. Sunday was the continuation of Conference and we just had a lesson and stop-bys that night! I sure did love how Conference was all about families!! I am SO grateful for my family and all my friends!! I love you all so much! You are the BEST!!! Way to go Sagie with your baseball!! I sure do miss watching you play!! Hit some homers for me!! I sure do love you all!! I hope you all have a great week!! Oh and Happy Easter! Enjoy your Spring Break!!! Love, Sister Kaitlyn Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment