Monday, January 2, 2012

1st letter from the MTC

Wow this week was honestly the longest and hardest of my life!! I am doing good, however the first few days were really hard for me to get adjusted to everything! Especially being away from my family and stuff! But things are getting better and better everyday!! So my companion is Sister Hutchinson and she is from Brigham City. She is actually serving in Honolulu Hawaii as well with all the Elders in my district. But the other 2 sisters are going to Canada like me. We have learned so much since being here at the MTC. We have class for at least 6 hours a day and then we do other teaching things as well. I was so nervous to start teaching because I didn't think that I could really do it, but it is getting better and better the more we teach. We have taught about 5 lesson, most of them in Zone teaching. My companion is great and I got some pictures developed today, but they won't be ready for a few days and I will send them to you! The spirit that is felt here at the MTC is amazing!! For example I have learned so much!! We had our first TRC yesterday which is where we teach a progressing investigator. We were supposed to have about 30 min to get to know them and teach them. We are teaching a lady from Guatemala. Her name is Hely and we planned on just teaching her most of the first lesson. But when we started to get to know her, she had 2 questions she wanted us to answer. They were both things that we had not studied or knew much about, but it was so amazing that we were able to answer her questions! We actually taught her for a whole hour and the spirit was so strong for the entire time! It really is amazing! I don't think I have ever been so busy in my life. I was made Sr. Companion last week, and then we will trade in about a week. On Sunday we had mission conference and it was amazing that all the things that were said were exactly what I needed to hear! I know that the Lord is totally watching out for me!! he wants me to be successful. So mom, I sent you a letter today as well that has some things I need in it, but ignore the mission letter, i actually have that here with me already. Sage needs to keep reading! but i agree hopefully he learned his lesson! I paid off my credit card, so you shouldn't have to worry about that. One thing though, do we need to talk to America First about using my debit card in Canada? Cause I will probably have to use that to buy my coats and boots and such! I am running out of time and I don't know what else to tell you! I get to go to the temple today and I am so excited!! It will be so nice to get away from this Spiritual prison!! I love you and miss you all so much!! I know Christ lives and that he loves us! He wants us to be happy!! I know the Church is true! Thanks for all your love and support!!! Love you tons!!

Love,

Sister Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment