Monday, January 2, 2012

New companion and I'm a co-senior companion

Distsrict Gong Show

My new companion Sister Hayes. We are co senior companions. Hello Family!!

What a crazy week! I can't believe I am not in Okotoks anymore! I miss it and all my favorite people there! But my new area is great too. So my new companion is Sister Hayes. She is from Arizona and she is a convert of 3 years. She is amazing. We both came out together so we have both only been out for 6 weeks. The new training program they have for missionaries is 12 weeks so we basically have to finish training each other. All the other Sisters that came out with us still have trainers, but this transfer 4 new sisters came out and there were only 3 sisters that weren't already training. So Sister Hayes lost her trainer and Sister Hill went home. It is crazy! We are co-senior companions which is kind of nice. We both don't really know everything we are doing and exactly what to do all the time so we are definitely learning a lot!! Well anyways I will tell you about my week. So on Tuesday we had p-day and that was the day I found out I was being transfered so we spent some time saying goodbye to some people and packing. Then guess what we did...you guessed it...played volleyball at the church. That evening we had a lesson with Michelle and it was so hard to say goodbye to her! I love her and will miss her a ton. Wednesday was transfer day. All the missionaries that are getting transfered meet at the church and get everything ready to take to their new areas. This was where I had to say goodbye to Sister Hill and that was hard! I miss her so much already! She is just like a sister to me! When we got to our area I was able to unpack really fast and then we studied. When we were ready to leave we just went by some houses so that we could meet some people. Since Sister Hayes and I are both new we don't know very many people. It wasn't a very exciting day. On Thursday it was planning day and it took us all day. I am not even kidding you from 10 am to 5 pm we planned for our week. We did have an appointment with a member for like 45 min, but other than that it was straight planning. It was a long day. That night I met our investigator Mark. He is 11 and wants to join a church, he just isn't sure which one. He likes what we teach him and he believes it and he has come to church 2 times already. He has a tentative baptismal date set for November 19. On Friday we did our service. I liked the service in Okotoks a lot better! Shelving books was fun. Here we give service at an Ice Rink and we empty garbages, clean windows, and help them clean up after an activity for little kids. That day we also taught a few LA's and set up a few appointments for this week with some people in our wards. It also snowed that day, but not very much. But it did get to -7 degrees. I think that is like 19 or something. I am not excited for the winter! On Saturday we visited some people and also went to the RS Super Saturday activity, but we got there right at the end. They made some really cute crafts though. We had a correlation meeting that afternoon and had a lesson with Mark again that night. Sunday was church and so we were there for most of the day. After church we went to Bishop Vance's house for a lesson with his family and a quick dinner. Then we had another correlation meeting. By then we finally found time to study and get ready to teach a LA Van who is a very deep man. You totally have to pay attention to everything he says and even then it is hard to know what he is relating to. But it went well. That was basically my week. We live in an apartment...which is not very fun. Living with members is so much better! I loved living with Sister Landry. She always took care of us! But it is nice to have our own space as well. Tell Sadie Happy Birthday this week! Here in Canada they totally go all out for Remembrance Day (Nov 11). Good luck on your talk mom! I have to give a talk in one of our wards on Nov 20. They said I could talk on whatever I want but I have to talk for like 20 min...not very excited for that! How is basketball going for Sage? And has the NBA season started yet? That is pretty cool about Fremont! So in a few weeks Sister Hayes and I have to bring a dessert to a meeting we have. We want to make that mix stuff that you sent me...the stuff we make at Christmas. Will you sent me the recipe? Well I hope everything is well! I miss you all and love you all so much!! Have a great week!!





No comments:

Post a Comment