Monday, January 2, 2012

Week of Miracles

Hello!!

This week was a week full of miracles!!! Are you ready to hear about all of them! You totally should be! First things first...my new companion is so great!! You will hear all about her! So first on Tuesday we had p-day and it was exciting...it was a sad day though because I had to say goodbye to some great missionaries!! That night we went to the New Missionary Fireside. So all the new missionaries bore their testimonies and met their trainers. 3 new sisters came out...but when I saw Sister Brower...I knew she was going to be my companion! So she is great! We are basically the same person! She is from Rexburg, ID and is a music major. She is amazing...we will just leave it at that!! On Tues night since it was Sister Hayes and I's last night together we had a sleepover by our fireplace. It was fun. Wed we went to the transfer station...which meant more goodbyes...Sister Hayes got transferred to the west part of Calgary. I got my new comp and we got to work!! I introduced her to a lot of amazing people...and it was fun! We taught a lesson to the Nilsson family and they invited us to go to the Nativity Pageant with them this week. So that will be fun. On Thursday we had a busy day! Weekly planning and then a lunch appt with Helen (LA) and then 4 other lessons that afternoon and evening...and because Sister Brower is so amazing guess what she did without me even having to ask her!! She did a 7 Day Challenge on her 2nd day! I am so grateful she is so easy to train! To be honest I don't even feel like I am training her!! Which is nice! On Fri. we visited lots of potential and former investigators, but nobody wanted to talk to us. But there were some people that told us to come back after the holidays! That evening we had a lesson with Mark!! We talked about Alma 22 and receiving answers to prayers with him. Sister Brower invited him to be baptized and after we talked about it and he thought about it he accepted Dec 24...but he didn't come to church on Sunday...so I don't know if he will be baptized on Sat...but that would be the best Christmas present! As you can see Sister Brower is just great! Saturday the most amazing Miracle of my entire mission happened!! Are you ready!!!! So we were getting ready to leave our apartment and we got a phone call...it was from an unknown number. I answered it and it happened to be Ryan! I was nervous for a second and then he said he had been thinking about it and he wants to be baptized on Dec 31!!!! Not many people can say they have had people call them and ask to be baptized!! I am so excited and cannot even wait!! That day we just did some stop-bys and had dinner with a PM family. We taught Dora the Plan of Salvation that night and she still wants to be baptized on January 7. Sunday was great because it was church!! People are so nice here! We have been given so many Christmas presents!! One member even gave us a card...with American money in it...but later that day we had a correlation with the WML and had a few appts. Things are really great here!! I love being a missionary!!
Basically I have loved the 12 Days!! I couldn't wait so I started with 1 present a day! Thank you so much! I love the CTR watch and band! I got a lot of compliments on it at church and there were a few members that wanted me to ask you where you got it...I am most excited for the phone call in a few days!! Less than 7 now!! So we don't have skype available in our mission at this time, but maybe in the future is what we have been told. So I will hear from you around 12-12:30!!! Tell Sadie and Trevor congrats!! I wasn't able to watch the movie at the library, but I might ask a member to let me watch it on their computer....Well it sounds like things are going good at home! I love and miss you all!! Have a Merry Christmas and remember to think of Christ and all he has done for us!! We are so lucky to have the knowledge we have!! Have a great week!! Love you!!


Love, Sister Kaitlyn Marchant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment