Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Halloween and a Transfer to Queensland/Parkland

Sister Landry found me a costume for Halloween

Sister Landry, my landlord and her friend from the Philippines.



The First Snowstorm of the year.

Hey family!I just found out I am getting transfered today. I didn't think I would because Sister Hill is leaving, but I am going to Queensland/Parkland in the south of Calgary. My new companion is Sister Hayes. She came out with me so we are both in the same place. This week wasn't very exciting and not much happened but I will tell you all about it anyways! For pday last week we just played volleyball at the church...I am actually getting better if you can believe that. On Tuesday we had DDM and it was a complete gongshow!! The Elders in my district are crazy, but they are great. There is definitely never a dull moment. That evening we just followed up with some members and taught a lesson to Sister Halowski, a single sister, and her LA son Matt. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation. On Wed we did our library stuff and then we thought we were going to have a great day because we had a lot of appts set up, but guess what...you guessed it they all canceled, except for one. So it made for a long and cold day of stop-bys which are not my favorite. Like I said last week it is starting to get cold here and that is not very fun. This week we were around 0-6 everyday. On Thurs we had our weekly planning and it took all day. I had to basically do it because Sister Hill wasn't going to be here, but now I am not going to be there either...In the middle of our planning we had a lesson with Sara D and we watched the movie about President Monson. She really liked it! That night we had dinner with a member of the Bishopric in Dewinton and they invited Michelle to come with us. So we all went to their house and had dinner. It was really nice of them to do that and they got to know her! It was so great because she has so many friends in the ward and that is what every convert needs! On Fri we did our library stuff and then we had to go to the mission office in Calgary. The check engine light on our car came on and we had to go switch it for a new one. The office was a happening place. When we were there I got a package, but I figured it was my Christmas...so one of the Senior couples opened it for me to make sure. And it was! So it is here. I loved the yummy treats you made me and it totally reminded me of home! I had them keep it at the office until it is closer to December so i wouldn't be tempted by it! That afternoon we did some tracting on the acreages and had dinner with the Halowski's. Saturday we had lunch with Sister Lacey who is great! They were doing some excavating to fix a pipe or something so it was a big mess. We tracted some acreages again that day and then we had dinner with a family that night. I learned that they have 10 kids and guess what! Their youngest is 9 and a half and he is not baptized yet!!! Do they not realize that if he died his sins would be on their heads? It was crazy!! They were a crazy family. But anyways on Sunday we had church and it was the primary program. It was really cute. That evening we had dinner with the Deyholos family. Their son just got home from his mission in Ogden. There is another kid from one of the wards I am in that just got home from Ogden this week too. But when we were going to their house we got so lost and we even had a map. But we eventually found it but we were like 20 min late. Oh well what can you do. We had a few other apps with members that night too. Yesterday was Halloween!! Hooray! It even snowed, but not very much and then it all melted. We had an appt with Sara D. and she took us to lunch. We also had one with Sis Lacey, but stuff with their excavating was going bad and she was so stressed out and had lots of work to do. So instead we went home and changed so we could help her out. She really appreciated it. We had dinner with a part member family that night and they had really yummy chinese food from Calgary. After that we went home because we had to be home by 6. Sister Landry had some costumes for us to dress up in so we could be festive and we passed out candy at her house! It was pretty fun! That was my week. Not very exciting. But it sounds like you all had a good Halloween! I can't wait to see pictures! Way to go Sage at winning the donut contest! That is pretty disgusting that you ate it off the floor though! We do have daylight savings time here in Canada still and I can't wait to get an extra hour of sleep! It will be so nice! Well I hope all it well! I love you all so much!! Love, Sister Marchant



No comments:

Post a Comment